Carleton University is pleased to have a signed Memorandum of Understanding with the China Scholarship Council (CSC) which will provide joint funding for students pursuing graduate studies at the doctoral (PhD) level.
You may be eligible to apply under this Agreement if you:
- plan to be enrolled full-time in a graduate program leading to a doctoral degree (PhD) at Carleton;
- are a citizen of China;
- plan to apply for CSC funding;
- meet the minimum academic and English language requirements of the graduate program to which you wish to apply.
All eligibility criteria for the scholarship program offered by CSC is listed on their website.
Application Process and Deadlines
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you must:
- submit an application to Carleton by the deadline listed on the departmental website. Regardless, applications need to be submitted by February 20;
- follow all regular application procedures;
- indicate you are applying to Carleton under this agreement by emailing a letter or proof of funding to firstname.lastname@example.org
- once you have received an offer of admission from Carleton (no later than March 10), you must apply to the CSC scholarship program via your current university. For more information visit: apply.csc.edu.cn
It is the applicant/student’s responsibility to ensure that the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs is notified about their intent to apply to a graduate program at Carleton University under this Agreement.
Please note that the funding offered to you in your Offer of Admission will be contingent on securing funding from CSC.
For more information regarding this Memorandum, please contact us.