Please note: The Agreement between OCGS and CONACyT is currently under review. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The Ontario Council on Graduate Studies (OCGS) has a signed Agreement with El Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia (CONACyT) in Mexico which provides co-funding for students pursuing graduate studies at the master’s or doctoral level at Ontario universities. Carleton University is included under this Agreement.
Admitted students to Carleton University who receive funding from CONACyT under this Agreement will be charged domestic tuition fees. These domestic tuition fees will be invoiced to CONACyT directly.
You may be eligible to apply to Carleton under this agreement if you:
- plan to be enrolled full-time in a graduate program leading to a master’s or doctoral degree at Carleton;
- are a citizen of Mexico;
- have been granted funding from CONACYT;
- meet the minimum academic and English language requirements of the graduate program to which you wish to apply.
All eligibility criteria for the funding offered by CONACYT is listed on their website.
Applications and Deadlines
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have been approved for the scholarship program offered by CONACYT, you must:
- submit an application to Carleton University by the appropriate application deadline;
- follow all regular application procedures;
- indicate you are applying to Carleton under the CONACYT-OCGS joint funding Agreement by emailing a letter or proof of funding to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see a copy of this Agreement, please visit the Ontario Council on Graduate Studies website.
It is the applicant/student’s responsibility to ensure that the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs is notified about their intent to apply to a graduate program at Carleton University under this Agreement.
Please note that you will only be charged domestic tuition fees if you funding has been secured from CONACyT.
For more information regarding this Agreement, please contact us.