Our Master of Arts (MA) program emphasizes social justice frameworks born out of anti-colonial, decolonial, anti-racist, transnational, and community-based knowledge processes and practices in the context of graduate studies. An integral aspect of the program will focus on the multiple and dialectical definitions of social justice as a field of conceptual, activated, and collective actions. It represents a creative and robust platform to offer dynamic courses, develop innovative pedagogical approaches, and forge a research agenda located within the interdisciplinary space carved out by the overlap between human rights and social justice as two fields of academic inquiry and political advocacy work.
- Critical human rights and citizenship
- Public and global health
- Social movement and political cultures of solidarity
- Indigenous epistemologies and self-determination
- Socio-environmental justice
- Queer and trans rights and social justice